THE PEAK LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
PEAK is a 11 month leadership program at Camp Clayton, aimed at 18-23 year olds.
All participants have the opportunity to complete a CERT III in Christian Life and Ministry with recognised training provider Tabor.
The Camp Clayton PEAK Leadership program has been designed to train up, encourage and develop the next generation of young people to be leaders in their church, ministry and community. PEAK will have an emphasis on Christian Camping, servant leadership and members will have plenty of opportunity to be involved in Camp Clayton’s excellent ministries, business and holiday camps.
Each day of the program will develop the members time management skills, expand their knowledge of the Bible and grow their relationship with God, while allowing them the chance to work with their hands, study hard and focus in on what God has planned for their life.
- Cert III In Christian Life and Ministry
- Regular study of God's word
- Regular meetings and time with a Mentor
- Opportunities to learn from over 15 Guest Speakers
- Opportunities and training in Public Speaking
- 5 Retreats away from the camp site and opportunities for Intensives in the bush
- Encouragement in personal devotion and time with God
- Opportunity for Self-Discovery and discovering God's path for you life
- Community work and volunteering in local missions and ministries
- Camp Work (Hosting, Activities, Kitchen, Holiday Camps)
- There will be an expected attitude of being adventurously expectant
- A challenge of your comfort zone and opportunities to step outside them
- Trust and adventure within the group
- Intentional involvement in many of Camp Clayton's Ministry
- An expectation to stay involved or to link to a local church
- To think outside the box of normal "ministry"
- To go back to your supporting church armed with new skills
TAKE A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE
Over the course of the year, take adventurous retreats into the wild and experience activities such as abseiling, rock climbing, bush walking, building a campfire, cooking in the wilderness and tenting with our experienced outdoor crew.
Each retreat will be in a different part of Gods amazing creation of Tasmania and will be focused on teaching you new skills, personal reflection and allowing God to work in you, as you take time away from technology and the constant stream from the world.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
• Be 18-23 years old
• Be a committed Christian
• Have a heart for Ministry
• Have a desire to pursue servant Leadership
• Be able to work with people and groups successfully
• Have a desire for Spiritual growth in your life
• Have an interest in learning and adventure
INCLUDES: Uniform, accommodation (rent), utilities (electricity, water etc) all your food for the 11 months, outtrip costs, outdoor recreation and leadership training and conferences, CERT III in Christian Life and Ministry with recognised training provider Tabor.
Payments can be arranged weekly, fortnightly, monthly, by the term or in one full payment.